Celebrating Father’s Day

 

孩子的成长只有一次, 没有重来的机会. x0aBe a father, be a good father, be a happy father...

Celebrating Fathers Day
By Obama

 

引言:

 

当下,在许多的家庭教育中,父亲角色长期缺席,婚内单亲家庭是常态,随口一问,爸爸们的口头禅,“工作好忙,工作好忙,工作好忙”,哎,重要事情说三遍哟!可,再忙,再忙,再忙,忙得过总统?美国总统奥巴马说:“陪女儿长大才是我最重要的事,因为我不可能当一辈子的总统,却要当一辈子的爸爸。” 父爱从来都不是权和钱,而是陪伴成长。下面是2013年6月15号美国总统奥巴马的父亲节演讲视频,因为是外部链接视频,有可能会观看不顺:


2011年6月18号美国总统奥巴马的父亲节演讲,讲得非常好,因为某些原因无法上传成功,就把演讲稿以文字形式分享:
 Hi Everybody.
嗨,大家好。
This Fathers Day weekend, Id like to spend a couple minutes talking about whats sometimes my hardest,
这个周末是父亲节,我想花点时间于大家交流一下我最难做好,
 
 but always my most rewarding job-being a dad.
却是我觉得最有价值的事情--当爸爸。
 
I grew up without my father around.
我从小父亲不在身边,
 
He left when I was two years old,
他在我两岁的时候离开了。
 
And even though my sister and I were lucky enough to have a wonderful mother and caring grandparents to raise us,
尽管我妹妹和我很幸运,我们有一位好母亲和慈爱的爷爷奶奶照顾我们,
 
I felt his absence.
但我仍觉父爱缺失。
 
And I wonder what my life would have been like had he been a greater presence.
我时常想如果他是个更好的父亲我的人生可能会不一样。
 
Thats why Ive tried so hard to be a good dad for my own kids.
因此,我努力成为孩子们的好父亲。
 
I havent always succeeded, of course - in the past
当然,并不总是成功--过去
 
my job has kept me away from home more often than I liked,
我的工作让我远离家门,这也是情非得已,
 
and the burden of raising two young girls would sometimes fall too heavily on Michelle.
抚育两个女儿的重担就落到了米歇尔的肩上。
 
But between my own experiences growing up
但在我自己成长的经历中
 
and my ongoing efforts to be the best father I can be.
我一直竭尽全力成为最好的父亲。
 
Ive learned a few things about what our children need most from their parents.
在孩子们从父母那里最需要什么这方面,我学了不少东西。
 
First, informed most, they need our time.
首先,众所周知,他们需要我们的时间。
 
And more important than the quantity of hours we spend with them is the quality of those hours.
与我们陪伴他们时间的多少相比,更重要的是陪伴时间的质量。
 
Maybe its just asking about their day, or talking a walk together,
也许只是问问他们的日常,或者一起散步聊天,
 
but the smallest moments can have the biggest impact.
但这些最短的时光可以产生最大的影响。
 
They also need structure, including learning the values of self-discipline and responsibility.
他们也需要规矩,包括学会自律和责任心的价值。
 
Malia and Sasha may live in the White House these days,
玛利亚和萨莎这些天可能在白宫生活,
 
but Michelle and I still make sure they finish their homework, do their chores, and walk the dog.
但米歇尔和我还是要确保他们完成作业,做家务,还有遛狗。
 
And above all, children need our unconditional love,
除了这些,孩子们还需要我们无条件的爱,
 
whether they succeed or make mistakes, when life is easy and when life is tough.
无论他们是成功还是犯了错误,无论生活舒适舒适还是艰难。
 
And life is tough for lot of Americans today.
现今很多美国人生活艰难。
 
More and more kids grow up without a father figure.
越来越多的孩子成长过程中没有父亲的陪伴。
 
Others miss a father whos away serving his country in uniform.
另外还有孩子因为父亲身穿制服为国服务也缺失了父亲的陪伴。
 
And even for those dads who are present in their childrens lives, the recession has taken a harsh toll.
即便是对那些可以陪伴孩子们的父亲,经济衰退也对他们造成了严重伤害。
 
If you re out of a job or struggling to pay the bills,
如果你失业了,或为了家庭支出而挣扎,
 
Doing whatever it takes to keep the kids healthy, happy and safe can understandably take precedence over everything else.
也要尽全力让孩子们健康,快乐,安全,很显然这是优先于其他任何事情的。
 
Thats why my administration has offered men who want to be good fathers a little extra support,
因此,政府为想做个好父亲的男人提供一些额外的支持,
 
Weve boosted community and faith-based groups focused on fatherhood,
我们鼓励社区和宗教群体关注父亲,
 
partnered with businesses to offer opportunities
并与企业合作为父亲们提供机会
 
for fathers to spend time with their kids at the bowling alley or ballpark.
让他们与孩子们在保龄球馆或者棒球场共度时光。
 
And worked with military chaplains to help deployed dads connect with their children.
与随军神父一起帮助父亲们建立与孩子们的联系。
 
Were doing this because we all have a stake in forging stronger bonds between fathers and their children.
我们这么做,是因为我们都与培养父亲和孩子之间的关系息息相关。
 
And you can find out more about some of what were doing at Fatherhood.gov.
你可以登录Fatherhood.gov,看看我们为此做的更多事情。
 
But we also know that every father has a personal responsibility to do right by our kids as well.
但我们也知道每个父亲都有责任为孩子们做好榜样,让他们做正确的事情。
 
All of us can encourage our children to turn off the video games and pick up a book.
我们都能鼓励孩子们关掉游戏而拿起书本。
 
All of us can pack a healthy lunch for our son, or go outside and play ball with our daughter.
我们都能为儿子准备健康的午餐,或在外面和女儿一起玩球。
 
And all of us can teach our children the difference between right and wrong.
我们都能教给孩子们对与错的区别。
 
And show them through our own example the value in treating one another as we wish to be treated.
以自己为榜样,让他们看到,我们希望别人怎么对待自己,就如何对待别人的重要性。
 
Our kids are pretty smart.
我们的孩子都很聪明。
 
They understand that life wont always be perfect.
他们知道生活不会总是完美的。
 
That sometimes, the road gets rough, that even great parents dont get everything right.
有时候,道路会比较崎岖,即使是伟大的父母也不能每件事情都做对。
 
But more than anything, they just want us to be a part of their live.
但更重要的是,他们希望我们成为他们生活的一部分
 
So recently, I took on a second job: assistant coach for Sashas basketball team.
因此,最近我担任了第二份工作,成为萨莎她们篮球队的助理教练。
 
On Sunday, wed get team together to practice, and a couple of times, Id help coach the games.
星期天,我们一起参加球队训练,有几次,我还参与教练指导她们比赛。
 
It was a lot of gun-even if Sasha rolled her eyes when her dad voiced his displeasure with the refs.
那非常有意思,即使萨莎对我这个老爸与裁判大呼小叫而翻白眼。
 
But I was so proud watching her run up and down the court, seeing her learn and improve and gain confidence.
我非常骄傲,看着她在球场上来回奔跑,看着她学习,改进并获得自信。
 
And I was hopeful that in the years to come,
我对那未来的岁月充满期待,
 
shed look back on experiences like these as the ones that helped define her as a person,
当她有一天回头看这些经历, 它们帮助她长大成人,
 
and as a parent herself.
和成为母亲。
 
In the end, thats what being a parent is all about,
最后,做一个父母就是这样,
 
Those precious moments with our children that fill us with pride and excitement for their future,
这些与孩子们一起珍贵的时光让我们对孩子们的未来充满骄傲和欣喜,
 
The chances we have to set an example or offer a piece of advice,
我们必须给孩子树立榜样和给予建议的机会,
 
the opportunities to just be there and show them that we love them,
让他们知道我们爱他们的时机。
 
Thats something worth remembering this Fathers Day, and every day.
这些值得我们在父亲节以及每一天牢记。
 
Thanks and Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there.
谢谢,祝福所有的爸爸们父亲节快乐!
 
Have a great weekend!
周末愉快!
---------------------------
-----------------------------


贝拉克·侯赛因·奥巴马



贝拉克·侯赛因·奥巴马,美国民主党籍政治家,第44任美国总统,为美国历史上第一位非裔美国人总统。

1991年,奥巴马以优等生荣誉从哈佛法学院毕业,而后在著名的芝加哥大学法学院教授宪法长达12年(1992年-2004年)。2007年2月10日,宣布参加2008年美国总统选举。2008年11月4日当选为美国总统。

2009年10月9日,获得诺贝尔委员会颁发的诺贝尔和平奖 [1]  。2012年美国总统选举中,奥巴马击败共和党候选人罗姆尼,成功连任。奥巴马于2014年11月10日至12日来华出席亚太经合组织领导人非正式会议并对中国进行国事访问。 [2]

2015年3月11日,奥巴马在各国领导人工资中,排名第一位。 [3]  2015年5月,奥巴马基金会确认“奥巴马总统图书馆”将落户于他曾经长期执教的芝加哥大学 [4-5]  。2015年10月,《彭博市场》公布了第五届全球金融50大最具影响力人物,美国总统奥巴马排名第六。 [6]  2015年11月4日,奥巴马名列《福布斯》全球最有权力人物排行榜第三位。 [7]  2015年12月22日,国际民调机构盖洛普调查称,奥巴马在最受欢迎的领导人排名中名列第一。 [8]

2016年5月7日,奥巴马出席霍华德大学毕业典礼,获得理学博士荣誉学位。 [9]  2017年1月20日,奥巴马正式卸任美国总统。 [10]  2018年4月12日,入选2018世界最受尊敬男士前2名。 [11]---资料来源:百度百科
建议与咨询,请联系
欣赏更多
19岁怀孕,22岁离婚,再婚两次又身患癌症,她却把儿子培养成了美国总统
✎羞辱的文化:一位赴美妈妈对国内教育的反思


一部感动了无数爸爸的英国绘本


    关注 易趣英语


微信扫一扫关注公众号

0 个评论

要回复文章请先登录注册