The Giving Tree《爱心树》

 

TheGivingTree《爱心树》绘本介绍:这本书讲诉了一颗树与一个男孩的故事。在她的一生中,树一直视...



The Giving Tree
《爱心树》


绘本介绍:

这本书讲诉了一颗树与一个男孩的故事。在她的一生中,树一直视这个人类为孩子。男孩在孩提时就喜欢和树玩耍,爬上她的树干,和她捉迷藏,吃她身上结的苹果。但是,随着时间的流逝,他开始提各种要求。

进入青年期后,男孩想要钱,树让他摘了她的苹果去卖,他照做了。成了成年人后,男孩想要一间房子,树让他砍了她的枝条去建,他照做了。到了中年,男孩想要一艘船,树让他砍了她的树干去做,他也照做了,最后只留下了个树桩。最后,男孩再一次见到了树,树悲伤地告诉他自己什么也给不了了。但此时早已进入垂暮之年的男孩却只想要个安静的地方坐下来休息一会儿,绘本最后男孩安详地坐在树桩上。像每个场景结束时一样,整个故事最后在一句“And the tree was happy(树很开心)”中结束。

绘本背景:

Shel Silverstein最初在为The Giving Tree寻找出版商时遇到不少困难,Simon & Schuster出版社的一位编辑甚至拒绝发行。在接受芝加哥论坛报的采访时他谈到:每个人都喜欢它,被它所感动,这部作品是美丽的,但......有的出版商认为它太短了,有的出版商认为它太哀伤了,还有的出版商认为这本书对于孩子来说太悲伤了,同时对于成人来说又太天真了,这种介于孩子和成人之间的文学不大可能受欢迎,就这样,出版事宜就被搁置下来。直到四年后,在好友汤米·温格尔的鼓励下,他找到了Harper & Row出版社的传奇编辑Ursula Nordstrom,后者决定出版这本书,甚至希望他保留那个哀伤的结尾,因为在他看来,生活总有很多不如意的结局





Once, there was a tree…

从前有一棵大树





And she loved a little boy.

她喜欢上一个小男孩儿





Every day the boy would come.

这个小男孩儿每天都会来到树下





And he would gather her leaves,

采集她的树叶





Make them into crowns and play king of the forest.

做成王冠,想像自己就是森林之王





He would climb up her trunk,

他常常爬上她的树干





Swing from her branches and eat apples.

在树枝上荡秋千,吃树上结的苹果





They would play hide-and-go-seek.

他们一同玩着捉迷藏的游戏





And when he was tired, he would sleep in her shade.

当小男孩儿累了,他就在大树的树阴里睡觉







And the boy loved the tree… very much…

小男孩儿爱这棵树,非常非常爱她

And the tree was happy.

大树很快乐






But time went by and the boy grew older

但是时光流逝,男孩儿逐渐长大





The tree was often alone

大树常常感到孤寂





And one day boy came to the tree.

有一天男孩儿来到大树前

And tree said,"Come, boy. Come and climb my trunk,

大树说,“来吧,孩子,快来,爬上我的树干,

And swing from my branches and eat apples,

在我的树枝间荡秋千,吃我的苹果,

And play in my shade and be happy."

在树阴间小睡,你会很快乐的”

"I am too big to climb and play", said boy,

“我已经长大了,再也不能那样爬树玩乐了,”男孩说,

"I want to buy things and have fun.I want some money.“

我想买自己想要的东西,让自己快乐,我需要钱,

Can you give me some money?"

你能给我一些钱吗?”

"I am sorry", said the tree,

“对不起”,大树说,

"I have no money. I have only leaves and apples.

“我没有钱,我只有树叶和苹果,

Take my apples, boy.

拿些苹果走吧,孩子。

And sell them in the city and you will have money.

在城里卖个好价钱,你就会有钱的,

And you will be happy."

你就会很快乐。”





So the boy climbed up the tree,

于是男孩儿爬上大树

And gathered her apples, and carried them away.

摘下她的苹果,把它们带走了

And the tree was happy.

大树很快乐




But the boy stayed away for a long time…

但是男孩一走便走了许久

And the tree was sad.

树感到十分伤心

And then one day,the boy came back,

有一天,男孩儿又来到大树前

And the tree shook with joy.

大树喜若狂

And she said," Come, Boy,

她激动地说,“来吧,孩子,

Climb up my trunk,and swing from my branches

爬上我的树干,在我的树枝间荡秋千,

And be happy."

你会很快乐的”

"I am too busy to climb trees,"said the boy.

“我太忙了,没工夫爬树玩耍”,男孩说道

"I want a house to keep me warm," he said.

“我想拥有一个家,让自己温暖”,他说,

"I want a wife and I want children,and so I need a house.

“我想有自己的妻子和孩子,所以我需要一间房子,

Can you give me a house?"

你能给我吗?”

"I have no house," said the tree.

“我没有房子”大树说,

"The forest is my house.

“树林就是我的家。

But you may cut off my branches and bulid a house.

但你能剪下我的树枝,建起你的房子。

Then you will be happy."

你就会很快乐的。”





And so the boy cut off her branches

于是男孩儿剪下大树的树枝

and carried them away to build his house.

带走了它们,建起了自己的房子





And the tree was happy.

大树很快乐





But the boy stayed away for a long time.

但是男孩儿一去又是许久

And when he came back,the tree was so happy. She could hardly speak.

当他回来,大树喜不能语

"Come, boy." She whispered,"come and play."

“来吧,孩子”,她低语着,“过来玩吧。”

"I am too old and sad to play," said the boy,

“我太年老了,我很悲伤”,男孩儿说,

"I want a boat that will take me far away from here.

“我想要一艘船,带我远离这片土地,

Can you give me a boat?”

你能给我一艘船吗?”

"Cut down my trunk and make a boat," said the tree.

“砍下我的树干做一艘小船”,树说,

"Then you can sail away, and be happy."

“你就可以远航,你就会快乐”。





And so the boy cut down her trunk

于是男孩儿砍下她的树干,

And made a boat and sailed away.

做了小船扬帆而去。And the tree was happy, but not really.

树很快乐,但真是如此吗?





After a long time

过了很久很久

The boy came back again.

男孩儿又回到了大树前

"I am sorry, boy", said the tree,

“对不起,孩子”,大树说,

"But I have nothing left to give you.My apples are gone."

“我已一无所有,没什么能再给你的了,我已结不出苹果。”

"My teeth are too weak for apples," said the boy.

“我的牙齿已经咬不动苹果了”,男孩儿说。

"My branches are gone", said the tree,"You cannot swing on them."

“我也没有树枝了”,大树说,“你再也不能荡秋千了。”

"I am too old to swing on branches", said the boy.

“我太衰老了,已荡不动秋千了”,男孩儿说。

"My trunck is gone", said the tree."You cannot climb."

“我也没有树干了”,大树说,“你再也不能爬树了。”

"I am too tired to climb", said the boy.

“我太累了,已爬不动大树了”,男孩儿说。

"I am sorry", sighed the tree.

“对不起”,大树说,

"I wish that I could give you something…But I have nothing left.

“我希望我能为你做些什么,但我一无所有,

I am just an old stump. I am sorry…"

我只是一个老树墩,对不起。”





"I don’t need very much now", said the boy,

“我现在并不需要什么”,男孩说,

"just a quiet place to sit and rest. I am very tired."

“只需要一个可以坐着休息的地方,我太累了。”

"Well", said the tree, straightening herself up as much as she could,

“那好”,大树说着直了直身子,竭力地说道,

"Well, an old stump is good for sitting and resting.

“一个老迈的大树墩正适合坐着休息。

Come, boy, sit down. Sit down and rest."

来吧,孩子,坐下,坐下休息吧。”

And the boy did.

于是男孩儿便坐下了





And the tree was happy.

大树很快乐

如果您家的宝贝也想加入我们,
欢迎拨打电话84628088(奥克斯),84417288(科教),


    关注 Kairos


微信扫一扫关注公众号

0 个评论

要回复文章请先登录注册