读书 写给孩子的禅《Zen Shorts》

 

禅师化身为可爱的大熊猫,讲述了三个三个东方的寓言故事,用轻松的方式传达出来自禅学的生活智慧,让孩子学会更从容地生活,懂得慷慨给予、遇事冷静、宽以待人的道理。...






Zen Shorts《禅的故事》琼•穆特的又一经典代表作,作者以水墨画的方式,讲述东方古老的“禅”哲学,曾连续41周荣登《纽约时报》畅销书排行榜,孩子也能轻松看懂,是让孩子理解“禅”的极佳入门读物。

禅师化身为可爱的大熊猫,讲述了三个三个东方的寓言故事,用轻松的方式传达出来自禅学的生活智慧,让孩子学会更从容地生活,懂得慷慨给予、遇事冷静、宽以待人的道理。

先看动画吧~


认识作者
琼·穆特 (Jon J Muth),1960年生于美国俄亥俄州的辛辛那提市,母亲是艺术教师,幼时即已游遍国内的博物馆,18岁时就在美国威尔明顿学院举办了自己的首场个人画展。为了维持生计,高中毕业后为漫画书配过插图,后在日本出版商的资助下赴日学习石雕与书道,从此对东方文化产生浓厚的兴趣。他涉猎广泛,不但在英国、奥地利和德国学习过绘画和版画复制,还曾学习过太极拳、水墨画和茶道,更是一位吉他高手。



琼·穆特以优美恬静的画风在绘本创作和插画领域享有盛誉,他擅长将清透灵润的水彩画与发人深省的哲思故事结合在一起,作品中透着一种悠远的禅意和古老东方文化的神韵。《禅的故事》获得凯迪克大奖,《尼古拉的三个问题》被《纽约时报》称赞为能够“默默地改变生命”。此外,他还获得过美国插画师协会金奖和美国犹太图书馆协会奖——雪莉·泰勒奖。

如何阅读
“Zen”,禅意味着冥想。“Zen Shorts”,短时间的冥想去解除困惑。

Zen Shorts《禅的故事》通过从天而降的熊猫静水为艾蒂、迈克和卡尔讲了三个中国和日本的寓言故事,解决了他们心中的困扰。以轻松的方式让孩子们领悟生活的道理,丝丝缕缕、润物无声。3个寓言故事的穿插,让整个绘本中的熊猫静水成为小朋友可能会向往结交的智者,成人看完也会回味。

英文难度稍大,在美国建议6-9岁小孩阅读。

先读为快


Zen Shorts

禅的故事



"MICHAEL!There's a bear outside!"said Karl.

卡尔:“迈克尔,外面有一头熊!”

"A what?"called Michael.

迈克尔大叫“一头什么?”



"A bear,He's really big.And he's in the backyard."

"一头熊,他真的很大,他就在后院。"

"What's he doing?"Michael asked.

迈克尔问“他在那里做什么?”

"He's sitting.He has an umbrella."said Karl.

卡尔:“他就坐在那里,撑着一把伞。”



"An umbrellar?"

“一把伞?”



By the time the boys got outside,their sister,Addy,was already talking with him.

卡尔和他的哥哥到外面时,姐姐艾蒂已经在和那头熊聊天了。

"I'm sorry for arriving unannounced,"said the bear."The wind carried my umbrella all the way from my backyard to your backyard,I thought I would retrieve it before it became a nuisance."He spoke with a slight panda accent.

“我很抱歉没打招呼就来了”熊说“风把我的伞从我家后院一直吹到了你家后院,我得在它惹麻烦之前把它取回去。”熊说话时带着点熊猫口音。



Michael introduced himself.Then Addy introduced Karl because Karl was shy around bears he didn't know.

迈克尔做了一下自我介绍,艾蒂介绍了一下卡尔,因为卡尔在陌生的熊面前有点害羞。

And this is how Addy,Michael,and Karl met Stillwater.

这就是Addy,Michael和Karl与Stillwater见面了.



The next day,Addy went to have tea with Stillwater.

第二天,艾蒂去找静水喝茶。



"Hello?"Addy said as she stepped inside.

“有人在吗?”艾迪一边说一边走进屋里。

"Come in!Come in!"a faraway voice called.

“进来进来!”一个遥远的声音传来。

Then she heard the voice say,"Oh,yes...Come out!Come out!"Stillwater was in the backyard.

接着,她听见那个声音说:“哦,不对,出来出来!”静水在后院。



He was in a tent.

他正坐在一顶帐篷里。

"This is a birthday present from my Uncle Ry,"Stillwater said,"He always gives presents on his birthday,to celebrate the day he was born.I like it so much,that I'm not staying in my house right now."Stillwater invited Addy to sit with him.

“这是我叔叔送的生日礼物”静水说“他总在过生日时送别人礼物,纪念自己出生的那天。我太喜欢这顶帐篷了,所以我现在不呆在房子里了。”

静水请艾蒂一起坐进帐篷。



"You brought me some cake!"said Stillwater,"That was very nice of you,Is it your birthday?"he asked.

“你给我带了一个蛋糕!”静水说“你真是太好了,今天是你生日吗?”

"No,"said Addy.

“不是。”艾迪说

"It's not mine,either,"said Stillwater,"But let me give you a gift for my uncle's birthday,I will tell you a story."

“也不是我的。”静水说“但是为了庆祝我叔叔的生日,我给你讲个故事作为礼物吧。”



Uncle Ry and the Moon

良叔叔和月亮

My Uncle Ry lived alone in a small house up in the hills.He didn't own many things.He lived a simple life.

良叔叔一个人住在山上的一间小茅屋里,他过着很简朴的生活,家里没有太多东西。

One evening,he discovered he had a visitor.A robber had broken into the house and was rummaging through my uncle's few belongings.

一天晚上,他发现家里来了一个客人,一个贼闯了进来,正在翻他仅有的那点东西。

The robber didn't notice Uncle Ty,and when my uncle sai"Hello,"the robber was so startled he slmost fell down.

贼没有注意到良叔叔,所以,听到良叔叔说“你好”的时候,那个贼吓得差点摔倒地上。



My uncle smiled at the robber and shook his hand."Welcome!Welcome!How nice of you to visit!"

良叔叔笑着握了握那个贼的手“欢迎欢迎!欢迎光临寒舍。”

The robber opened his mouth to speak,but he couldn't think of anything to say.

贼张张嘴想说什么,却不知道从何说起。

Because Ry never lets anyone leave empty-handed,he looked around the tiny hut for a gift for the robber.But there was nothing to give.

良叔叔从不让任何客人空手而归,他环顾他的小茅屋,想找个礼物送给贼。可是,实在没什么可送的。

The robber began to back toward the door,He wanted to leave.

贼慢慢朝门口退去,想赶快逃走

At last,Uncle Ry knew what to do .

最后,叔叔知道怎么办了。

He took off his only robe,which was old and tattered."Here,"he said ,"Please take this."

他脱下了那件仅有的又破又旧的袍子,对贼说:“给你,请拿着吧。”



The robber thought my uncle was crazy.He took the robe,dashed out the door,and escaped into the night.

贼觉得良叔叔肯定疯了,他抓起袍子,冲出门,退进黑暗中。



My uncle sat and looked at the moon,its silvery light spilling over the mountains,making all things quietly beautiful.

良叔叔坐在山上赏月,银色的月光洒满山头,一切都那么安静,那么美。

"Poor man,"lamented my uncle,"All I had to give him was my tattered robe,If only I could have given him this wonderful moon  "

“可怜的人”良叔叔叹了一口气“我能给他的不过是一件破袍子,要是能把美丽的月亮送给他该多好啊!”



"Your uncle sounds nice,"said Addy,"I don't think I could have given away my only robe."

“良叔叔人真好”艾蒂说“我想我可不会把我唯一的袍子送给别人”

"I know how that is,"said Stillwater,"But there's always the moon."

“我明白”静水说“可月亮总是在那儿呀”



"That was a good story,"said Addy.

“这个故事很不错”艾蒂说。

"Thank you,"said Stillwater,"And this is good cake. "

“谢谢”静水说“蛋糕也不错”

"Thanks ,"said Addy,"I made it myself."

“谢谢”艾蒂说“我亲手做的”



The next day,Michael went to see Stillwater.

第二天,迈克尔去找静水。

"Here I am!"Stillwater called from the tree.

“我在这儿!”静水在树上喊。

"Can I come up?"said Michael.

“我可以上来吗?”迈克尔问。

"If you are careful,"said Stillwater.

“那你可得小心一点”静水说。





"What if we could fly?"said Michael.

“如果我们能飞的话会怎么样?”迈克尔问。

"We could cast shadows on clouds,"said Stillwater.

“我们会在云上投下影子”静水说。



"But what if we fell?"said Michael.

“要是我们掉下去了呢?”迈克尔问。

"If we fell,we might break something,"said Stillwater.

“那样的话没准会摔伤的”静水说。

"That would be bad,"said Michael.

“那可不太好”迈克尔说。

"Maybe,"said Stillwater.

“也许吧”静水说。

"Maybe?"asked Michael.

“也许?”迈克尔问。



The Farmer's Luck

塞翁失马

There was once an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years.

从前有个老农民,种了大半辈子的地。

One day,his horse ran away.Upon hearing the news,his neighbors came to visit.

一天,农夫的马跑了,邻居们听说后都来安慰他。

"Such bad luck,"they said sympathetically.

“真倒霉啊!”他们充满怜悯的说。

"Maybe,"the farmer replied.The next morning the horse returned,bringing with it two other wild horses.

“也许吧。”农民回答,第二天早上,马回来了,还带回来两匹野马。

"Such good luck!"the neighbors exclaimed.

“太走运了!”邻居们惊叹道。

"Maybe,"replied the farmer.

“也许吧”农夫说。

The following day,his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses,was thrown off,and broke his leg.

第三天,农夫的儿子想骑其中一匹野马,结果被马摔下来,摔断了腿。

Again,the neighbors came to  offer their sympathy on his misfortune."Such bad luck,"they said.

邻居们又跑来安慰他“太倒霉了!”他们说。

"Maybe,"answered the farmer.

“也许吧”农夫说。



The day after that,military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army to fight in a war.

不久,军队来村里征兵,要把年轻人都拉去打仗。

Seeing that the son's leg was broken,they passed him by.

他们看见农夫的儿子腿断了,因此放过了他。

“Such good luck!”cried the nerghbors.

“太走运了!”邻居们说。

"Maybe,"said the farmer.

“也许吧。”农夫还是这么说。



"I get it ,"said Michael,"Maybe good luck and bad luck are all mixed up,You never know what will happen next."

“我明白了”迈克尔说“福与祸是紧密相连的,你无法预测接下来会发生什么。”



"Yes,"Stillwater agreed,"You never know."

“是的”静水说“你永远无法知道。”



The day after that,Karl went to visit Stillwater.

又一天,卡尔来找静水。

"Michael said I couldn't bring over our stuff to go swimming,I'm mad at Michael,He's always telling me what to do ,So I brought everthing!"

“迈克尔不准我带着玩具去游泳,真讨厌,他老是管着我,所以,我把所有的玩具都带来了。”

"Hmmm,"said Stillwater,"It's a little pool,I don't know if all those things will fit."

“嗯。”静水说“游泳池很小,不知道这些东西是不是都能放进去。”

"Let's see!"Karl said.

“试试看嘛!”卡尔说。

"Let's see,"said Stillwater.

“好吧,试试看吧。”静水说。



Stillwater looked at the pool,"The things can go swimming,but we can't,"he said.

静水看着游泳池说:“玩具能游泳了,可是我们进不去了。”

"I brought too much stuff,"said Karl.

“我带的东西太多了。”卡尔说。

"That's okay,"said Stillwater,"I'll help you carry it home later."

"没关系。"静水说“一会儿我帮你拿回家。”



"Why does Michael always have to tell me what to do ? "Karl said .

“为什么迈克尔总是对我指手画脚?”卡尔说。

"If he were here,I would climb up really high..."

“要是他在这儿,我就能跳的高高的。”



"...and I would jump on him like this..."

“然后在他身上跑,就像这样...”

"and I'd do a big SMASH,like this!"

“还要溅出一个大水花,就像这样!”



Later,Karl and Stillwater had tea.

后来,卡尔和静水坐了下来喝茶。

"Karl,"said Stillwater,"You spent the whole day being angry with Michael,Did you notice how much fun we had?"

“卡尔”静水说“你一整天都在生迈克尔的气,可是你发现了吗?我们玩得很开心。”

Karl watched the steam rise from his cup.

卡尔盯着茶杯里飘出的热气。



"I'm sorry I brought all this stuff,"Karl said.

“对不起,我把玩具都带来了”卡尔说。

"You don't need to carry,Hold on tight,and I will tell you a story."

“不需要道歉”静水说“不过你可不要这样运东西哦。我来给你讲个故事。”



A Heavy Load

心灵的重担

Two traveling monks reached a town where there was a young woman waiting to step out of her sedan chair.

两个云游的和尚来到一个小镇上,看见一个年轻女人正准备下轿。

The rains had made deep puddles and she couldn't step across without spoiling her silken robes.

可是因为刚下过雨,地上有很多大水洼,女人要是一下地,身上的丝绸衣服肯定会弄脏.

She stood there,looking very cross and impatient.She was scolding her attendants.They had nowhere to place the packages they held for her,so they couldn't help her across the puddle.

仆人们再提东西,腾不出手来帮女主人。她站在轿子上,不耐烦的责备两个仆人,看起来很恼火。



The younger monk noticed the woman,said nothing,and walked by.

小和尚看见这个女人,什么也没说就走开了.

The older monk quickly picked her up and put her on his back,transported her across the water,and put her down on the other side.

老和尚却麻利地背起她,把她送过了水塘.

She didn't thank the older monk,she just shoved him out of the way and departed.

女人非但没感谢老和尚,还推开他自己走。



As they continued on their way ,the young monk was brooding and preoccupied.

两个和尚继续赶路,小和尚还对刚才的事耿耿于怀,心里一直放不下。

After several hours,unable to hold his silence,he spoke out."That woman back there was very selfish and rude,but you picked her up on your back and carried her!Then she didn't even thank you."

几个时辰后,他终于忍不住了,对着老和尚说“刚才那个女人又自私又无理,您背着她过水坑,她却连句谢谢都不说。”



"I set the woman down hours ago,"the older monk replied."Why are you still carrying her?"

"我几个时辰前就把那个女人放下了,你怎么还背着呢?"老和尚回答。



"Do you think you have carried it long enough?"asked Stillwater.

“你绝不觉得自己已经抱的太久了?”静水问

"Yes,"said Karl.

“是的”卡尔回答。

"Good,"said Stillwater.

“很好”静水说。



And this is how Addy,Michael,Karl -and Stilwater-became friends.

就这样,艾蒂,迈克尔,卡尔还有静水,他们成了朋友。

---THE END---


    关注 天津芒果爱


微信扫一扫关注公众号

0 个评论

要回复文章请先登录注册