愿我不会优雅地老去

 

活到老ZUO到老!...





活到老ZUO到老



温馨提示:点击播放,再次点击停止!



朗读者:Helena Bonham Carter
    
Warning
《警告》要老成一个年轻的奶奶
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple

当我变成一个老奶奶,我就一身紫衣装扮

With a red hat which doesn’t go, and doesn’t suit me.

配一顶红帽子;管它风格不搭,颜色艳不艳

And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves

养老金呢,都花了买白兰地和夏季手套

And satin sandals, and say we’ve no money for butter.

以及缎子凉鞋;然后说,现在连买黄油的钱都没了。

I shall sit down on the pavement when I’m tired

累了,我就在马路牙子上坐一会

And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells

商店里有什么免费我统统都给收了;没事就按按警报解个闷

And run my stick along the public railings

我要把拐杖在围栏上划得叮当乱响

And make up for the sobriety of my youth.

报复一下青春年少时不敢做不敢当

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain

下雨了,我就趿拉着拖鞋出去散步

And pick flowers in other people’s gardens

偷偷摘邻居几朵花,谁让他们院子里花团锦簇

and learn to spit.

有痰呢,我就吐

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat

什么难看我穿什么,长几斤肉又算什么

And eat three pounds of sausages at a go

饿了我就一口气吞三斤香肠

Or only bread and pickle for a week

要么呢,我就一整个礼拜,天天面包就泡菜

And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

我爱好收藏;看到谁的钢笔、铅笔、啤酒垫子什么的好看都往我的小盒子里装

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry

可是,现在我们还得是正襟危坐端着

And pay our rent and not swear in the street

不拖房租,不骂人家爹娘

And set a good example for the children.

给孩子们竖立一个好榜样

We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

我们时不时请朋友聚个餐;没事就拿着报纸翻一翻

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?

又突然想到,我是不是现在就应该上手练一练?

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised

免得我一下子老了,突然摇身一变,从此紫衣紫裤,

When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

会不会吓得他们浑身冒冷汗。



▼ 
最美英文诗篇NO.2 ▼


Warning《警告》

要老成一个年轻的奶奶

作   者:Jenny Joseph

译   者:麦格兰岛

朗读者:Helena Bonham Carter
作者:Jenny Joseph
诗歌简介:

在西方世俗文化中,紫衣配红帽的穿衣风格类似于我国的 “红配绿,赛狗屁”。

这首诗歌没有使用晦涩的文学手法,十分白话,但其中洋溢的叛逆精神和生命力却十分令人喜爱。

作者Jenny Joseph (1935- ) 出生于英国伯明翰,曾在牛津大学学习文学。这首她最为人所知的诗歌写作于1961年。

受这首著名诗歌的启发,“红帽会(The Red Hat Society)”这个国际女性社团组织在1998年于美国成立(网址www.redhatsociety.com),至今已在超过30个国家成立了20 000个分会。在集会活动时,社团的女性成员会像诗中描述的那样着紫衣、戴红帽。

 ▼  麦格兰岛 
请长按扫描二维码关注


Explore all the fun about English!
 ▼ 小编良心推荐 
《怦然心动》懵懂少年青涩爱情
我梦想的七种人生
【英语怎么说NO.21】
主播:Sean&Michelle(萌叔&女神)
下载节目高清音频,请点下方“阅读原文”


    关注 麦格兰岛


微信扫一扫关注公众号

0 个评论

要回复文章请先登录注册